Happy Ramadan to all of you celebrating this month! Thank you for letting us know if your child will be fasting/attempting to fast for any part of the month.
It is time for our third round of MAP testing. We have our tests on Tuesday, Thursday, and next Monday at 8:30. Please be sure to be on time these days so your child is present for all instructions and has the full time to work on their tests. We have set goals focusing on improvement and growth and I am excited to see how the students do!
We are having a great time learning about our Earth in our unit, Sharing the Planet. We have learnt about the rock cycle and this week we will be focusing on fossils and what we can learn from them. Ask your child about the fossils that they made today! We will have a vocabulary quiz this Friday. The vocabulary words and definitions are posted below.
This week we are continuing to reading coordinates and using directions (North, East, South, West) to give directions. We continue to write letters and review parts of speech and parts of sentences.
I hope you have a wonderful week!
Year 3/4 Teacher
International School of Morocco
Sharing the Planet Vocabulary
1. Igneous rock- rock formed from cooled magma or lava.
2. Sedimentary rock- rock that formed when sediments were pressed and cemented together.
3. Metamorphic rock- rock that formed when another kind of rock was squeezed and heated deep inside Earth’s crust.
4. Rock cycle- the process of rocks changing into other kinds of rock.
5. Fossils- the remains or traces of an organism that lived long ago.
6. Volcano- a mountain built up from hardened lava, rocks, and ash that erupted out of Earth.
7. Lava-melted rock that flows out of the ground onto Earth’s surface.
8. Magma- melted rock below Earths surface
9. Weathering: The break down and wearing away of rock into sediment
10. Erosion: The movement of sediment by water, waves, wind, or ice.
11. Deposition: the process in which sediment is dropped in a new place.
12. Sediment: bits of rocks, soil, sand, shells, and the remains of organisms